Friday 18 May 2012

Real Bride Feature

Real Bride Feature - Wedding of Hilary & Jeff



Background

Jeff proposed to me soon after I got back from a 3 week trip to Australia for my cousins wedding.  He must have really missed me!  As soon as I said yes I started looking into planning our day.  The first thing I realised was that you mention wedding and people add on the pounds, however if you have the time it is good to look around and the internet is great for that.

Venue


We wanted somewhere that had character but was accessible for my cousin who is in a wheelchair (you would not believe the conversations we had with venues about their accessible toilet being up 4 steps or he would have to go through the kitchen to get to the reception rooms). We finally found Parklands and it ticked all of the boxes and the people were very helpful and friendly.

Theme

Not sure we had a theme as such other than my bridesmaids were in purple as were the flowers on the tables and the table plan and table numbers.  Because I wanted to make life slightly more stressful for myself I asked my cousins to be bridesmaids 1 lives in America and the other lives in Australia and my chief Bridesmaid was down in Kent, so we looked at Alfred Angelo dresses because they were available in the 3 countries, they chose their own dresses and they were all quite similar.



The Ceremony

The ceremony was outside under their gazebo which is surrounded by roses, It was very beautify and the whole day was brilliant.



Things that made it special

We spent a day making our wedding rings at the wedding ring workshop in Hatton Garden and we would recommend this to anyone.  It was a really good day and they really looked after us.


All our family and close friends stayed at Parklands the night of the wedding and we had breakfast the next morning, it made the day last a little bit longer.

Our photographers did a great job of our photos and they did a pre-wedding shoot so we got to know them and we were much more relaxed on the day.


Our cake came from a local lady who did us a top tier of chocolate and then individual cakes of traditional fruit cake and lemon sponge so there was something for everyone.


Our Florists did a great job and were able to source the flowers I wanted for my table decorations.


Something we were unsure about was the first dance and so I found a company who had a local dance teacher who helped us with the dance, it defiantly made it less stressful.

My Chief Bridesmaid made our place pebbles which were the finishing touches to the table and everyone took their pebble home and several people have them on display at their homes.

Live music by     http://www.essenceduo.com/
Flowers by         http://www.wflowers.co.uk/
Cake by             http://www.cakesbyshelly.co.uk/
Venue                http://www.quendonpark.co.uk/
Personal wedding ring making http://www.weddingringworkshop.co.uk/

 I would like to take this opportunity to say a special thank you to Hilary & Jeff for letting me take part in their special day
If you would like to share your special day with us here on our blog, please contact me at whiteroseweddings@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment