Friday 8 July 2011

Lovely to get back to my favourite thing........ Weddings!

I must say it is lovely to finally get back to being able to focus on my Wedding work. It has yet again been a busy week and i have had to spend some time preparing for my summer job. Each school holiday for the past 2 years i have been travelling 250 miles to kent to run a holiday playscheme for children. Some would say why? your mad! but it is based at what was my daughters old nursery school, and i have been involved there as a parent, governor and holiday playscheme manager for 5 years - in that time i have built up great relationships with the children and staff, some of whom are now lifelong friends.
Dont get me wrong i love my job, but as with anything in life things change.
When my daughter was 3 we got the devastating news that she had the incurable disease Cystic Fibrosis - i cannot lie, it kind of turned my world upside down at the start, and as a consequence my marriage broke up. Not one to be beaten, i picked myself up, dusted myself off and decided i had to move foreward with my life.
So after taking stock i realised i wanted a fresh start in the North Yorkshire countryside, plenty of outdoor activities and fresh air for my daughter, and a desire to put all my organisational skills into building a business for myself. I love people, i am always organising events of one kind or another but weddings is where my passion lies.

Now with the support of a wonderful husband & my family its time for me. I am giving up my job in kent to focus completley now on my business, and have spent the last 7 months studying for my qualification to be an international wedding planning professional. Pleased to say that i passed in June.

I cannot tell you how excited i am to be embarking on this new venture. Over the last two months two of my brides have walked down the aisle, seeing them enjoying their dream day makes me so proud to know that i have played a small part in their day and taken some of the stress away from them.

So to anyone out there who has a dream, go for it, follow that dream, nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment